The College of Maritime Studies primarily concentrates on the Entrance Test for the Dg Shipping govt of India authorised maritime Courses & Company Sponsorship Exam, but CMS also offers the finest result-oriented NDA Coaching. The curriculum structure is intended to equip students to flourish as professionals in the shipping, marine, and defence industries. The programme structure is adaptable and extensive in scope. To completely prepare students for their professional future, the programme also incorporates occupational internships at the undergraduate level.
“We think that when you work hard as a team, no dream is out of reach. With this as our driving force, we have completely committed ourselves to developing future mariners by creating an environment and infrastructure in which they may thrive. Aside from technical education and training, we strive to instil leadership skills in our pupils.”
The College of Maritime studies provides one of the best DNS courses. DNS (Diploma in Nautical Science) is a one-year residential diploma course that leads to a three-year B.Sc. Nautical Science degree after 18 months of sea service, as well as a 2nd Mate Foreign going Certificate of Competency (CoC) awarded by the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India, allowing cadets to work as Navigating officers on Merchant Navy ships anywhere in the world.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE AND COURSE DETAILS
DNS admission is based on a merit list or an entrance exam. After counselling, IMU campuses and related colleges and institutions admit students based on a merit list generated by the IMU based on an online common entrance test known as the IMU-CET. Admission to this training also requires sponsorship from a shipping firm.
This course covers the fundamentals of physics, mathematics, information technology, and nautical expertise. The course is intended to cover all important issues connected to the shipping sector, such as navigation, ship maintenance, and cargo operations, among others. In this course, students master both academic and practical elements of Nautical Technology. Candidates who complete this course will be able to train onboard with their sponsoring employer and obtain maritime service experience. After completing the appropriate number of years of maritime duty and passing the necessary tests, one can advance in rank.
- Passed 10+2 with an average mark of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (or) B.sc in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Electronics with Physics as an individual subject in one of the years with an average mark of not less than 55% in the final year (or) Bachelor of Engineering (or) Bachelor of Technology (or) Bachelor of Technology (or) Bachelor of Technology (or) Bachelor of Technology (
- 50 percent in English in either the 10th or 12th grades
- Age limit: below 25 years at a time of commencement of course.
- Passport: It is mandatory to have a passport at the time of course commencement.
- Candidates must be physically fit for sea service according to DGS standards.
- Each eye has a 6/6 vision. (Eyeglasses are not permitted.)
- There is no colour blindness.
PLACEMENT AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
The programme is a one-year residential programme divided into two academic semesters.
At the end of the course, students must apply for CDC on their own.
The student must maintain DGS-compliant attendance throughout the course.
Management has the right to modify the start date/month (Jul/Aug 2020) with or without notification. Following the conclusion of the Course, the Candidate will be given Onboard Training for Structured ShipBoard Training.