If you are looking for great food to eat on the train, many online platforms have made it easier than ever with the introduction of Food ordering options. This article contains a list of 10 great food items to eat on the train in India.
What is the Top 10 Food you can Order on Train Online in India
The Top 10 Food you Can Order on Train Online in India are listed.
1. Vada Pav: $1.0 from New Delhi to Chennai via Mumbai
Vada Pav is a popular Indian snack food that you can order while traveling by train and eat it on the go. Vada Pav is a kind of crispy and spicy potato patties that are filled with chives and eaten as snack or appetizer. It is also known as Pakodas in other countries including Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal. In Gujarat, they like to call it Chaat.
2. Kebab: $2.5 from Chennai to Mumbai via New Delhi – The kebab is a popular dish in India and Pakistan where they are made from meat cooked on the skewer with a variety of spices and vegetables
3. Paneer Tikka Masala: $4 from New Delhi to Bombay via Chennai – Chicken Tikka Masala is another well known Indian dish . It is a spicy cutlets made of chicken with all the ingredients to make a gravy.
4. Bhelpuri: $1.5 from New Delhi to Mumbai via Kolkata – Bhelpuri or Bhullar is a traditional Khichdi that is prepared in Bengal & West Bengal. It consists of rice, fresh vegetables and chickpea flour and served with yogurt, tomato chutney or green chili pickle.
5. Tawa Roti: $1.5 from Chennai to Mumbai by train – Tawa Roti, also known as tawa bhaji or tawa paratha is a type of Indian bread made with maida flour. It is usually eaten with dahi vada and chutney during breakfast time.
6. Sev Puri: $2 from New Delhi to Kolkata via Bombay -Sev Puri are another great food to eat on a long journey . They are made from roasted sevai (lentil) which are mashed in the traditional Aloo Sev Puri (sev puri) . It is usually eaten with a few pinches of green chillies, coriander and salt.
7. Bandhura Baati: Rs. 20 from Kolkata to Guwahati – It is made from rice flour that is mixed with curd & added to the batter. This was also popular in Bengali movie’s during the 60’s and 70’s You just need a flat utensil like a pan and use the batter to make round shapes. For the filling you can add puffed rice, cashew nuts / bhajia, onions and tomatoes in between. Batter is similar to the French crepes with a bit more oil used in it instead of milk.
8. Manchurian: It is a popular Chinese food made from fried minced pork that are coated with flour and egg white before deep frying. It is normally served with a sweet and sour sauce or soy sauce. You can make it at home by using minced pork and eggs along with the flour & water. Make sure to remove all the fat in the sauce because otherwise it will not look as good.
9. Moong dal: Moong dal is a whole green gram that has been split into two halves and boiled to get rid of the husk and skin. It is then cooked till soft, mashed and later fried using a mixture of oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and curry powder. This makes for a wonderful side dish to go along with roti or rice. You can make this by using the recipe from the recipe section of this blog.
10. French fries: These are not really fried, but deep fried twice in hot oil until crispy in texture and served hot with mayonnaise. They are perfect as accompaniment to burgers during dinner parties as well as for kids on their birthdays. You will find more about how to make them here.
The Best Foods to Order on Train? When you are on the train, what is your favorite food? Indian Railways has got you covered with their extensive list of food and beverage options. Some of them are so unique that they don’t even have a name! The best thing about this list is that you can order these Food Order In Train online from the comfort of your own seat.